Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Update - Week 33

(end of week 32/beginning week 33)

On the Scale
Lost this week: ?

Starting Weight: 265.6
New Weight: 191.2
Total loss: 74.4

All righty then. I didn't post my weight loss because it seems that there may not be any. I ate the same way I always do and I worked out alot this week. I increased my strength training and I can feel the difference in sore muscles. I actually look and feel leaner even though the scale doesn't think so. My body fat measurement has gone down as well. These changes are all good ones and they make the non-loss tolerable I suppose (said with my best Pride and Prejudice accent). But I'm not giving up hope. I had to weigh in at 5:00 am because I had to take my mother in for surgery. Iusually weigh around 9:00 or 10:00. Last night before bed at about 11:00 I downed at least 48 oz. of water/Crystal Light. I don't know if the measly 6 hours in between is enough to process it all :) I'll weigh in and update my weight tomorrow. Either way I know what I did this week improved my body. I do still need to cut back on my calories but I have learned that feeling deprived is not going to help me in the long run so I'm not really sure what to do. More thoughts on that later.

In the Kitchen
Nothing new here. Didn't try anything new this week - oh, except for No-Pudge brownies for the kids ;) They are yummy - a nice treat once in a while.

At the Gym
I rocked the gym this week. M-Th we did 30 minutes of cardio and then alternated upper and lower body weights. It's been a while since I did lower body and I'm really glad to get back to it. I feel so strong and fit when my legs are a little bit sore. Saturday I did a full body workout. So Friday and Sunday are rest days. I'm thinking about trying to keep this routine every week. Normally hubby and I try to get to the gym 3 times a week but we don't plan specific days and routines and often I don't get all the strength training I'd like to. I think this plan will produce results.

In My Closet
I'm embracing size 14. I ordered a couple pairs of pants. Yesterday I wore a jacket that I have had in my closet for 10+ years. I bought it back then when I was working in a downtown office and had lost a bunch of weight. I have held on to this as a sort of goal item and now it fits. The strange thing is I thought I weight a good 30 lbs. less back then. I don't know if it's my memory that's failing or if it was just bigger on me. Not sure. But I am sure that it fits and I'm thrilled about that. 14 is not my goal by any means but it's a fun stop along the way.

Goals and Challenges
Workout plan is in place. I will have to make it work at home or go to the gym alone because my mother, who normally watches the boys while hubby and I go to the gym, is going to be recovering from surgery for a week or more. And there's been enough talk about revising my calorie intake - now I have to actually do it.

We're expecting another 1 -2 feet of snow this week. Yes, I said feet. Some snowshoeing is in order for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment