Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 19

(end of week 18/beginning week 19)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 2.4 since Tuesday (4 since Monday)

Total loss: 52

I have two weights because last week my Monday weigh-in and my Tuesday weigh-in were dramatically different. Obviously there was some water retention or something on Monday. This week I was away for the weekend so I weighed in on Tuesday - since this is the day to record my weight on my Bodybugg this will be my new weekly weigh-in.

I'm super happy with this weigh-in. We went away for the weekend and ate out for dinners so I was a little nervous - even though we had healthy choices. Knowing I ate in a way that I can live with long term, and having results like this is very encouraging!

In my Kitchen
I love fall cooking. I have been using my crock-pot and making stews and sauces. This weekend we went away and I seriously missed my kitchen. Today is my Monday so I'll be working on my meal plan later.

In my Closet
It's so nice to like clothes again. My clothes keep getting looser and I keep being surprised by fitting into things I didn't think I could. I have a friend who lost some weight in the past couple of years and she has been giving me some of her old clothes. Now, this lady LOVES clothes and she worked at Banana Republic - so she's giving me some nice stuff. I feel like it was only a week or two ago that I was jumping for joy at shopping in the "regular" section - now I'm able to wear sweaters from one of my favorite stores - XL and even a few L - My new jeans now look silly because they are so baggy. I still have a long way to go but I like I look a little bit more on the outside the way I feel on the inside - and that is alot of fun.

At the Gym
I've tried to step it up a little bit in my workouts. A little more incline on the treadmill, pushing it at a higher level on the eliptical, stuff like that. I feel good. Last night we went to dinner and then my youngest son and I ran across the plaza parking lot to a store - I jogged the whole way and actually felt awesome. In the past that would have been horrible. Now little things like that energize me. We've also been going for walks around my really hilly neighborhood at night to squeeze in some activity.

Goals and Challenges
I reached and passed a big goal this week - 50 lbs. I don't know for sure what my final goal weight is but my first long-term goal is 100 lbs. and I'm half way there. My next goal is to be under 200 lbs. by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment