Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 18

(end of week 17/beginning week 18)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 2.2

Total loss: 48

That's better. I was afraid I had hit a plateau but after a little research I realized I just hit a failure to accurately calculate the calorie content of Sushi :) I won't make that mistake again.

I have a 2nd weigh in tomorrow for my Bodybugg. I started wearing it last Tuesday and the program is limited in that way - I couldn't manipulate it to coincide with my Monday weigh-in. Since I weigh myself every day it's not a big deal. I will just record my Monday weight the way I always have and then my Tuesday weight on the Bodybugg site.

In the Kitchen
This week was a little more exciting in the kitchen. I made a few new dishes and made the transition into fall cooking. I'm going to do a new meal plan this week and hopefully have a some fun with new recipes.

In the Closet
Yesterday I wore a skirt I haven't worn in years. I've had it for so long that it's back in style. I am also excited to report that I wore tights I picked up at the grocery store. I know, you're wondering why that is such an accomplishment. I haven't worn nylons/pantyhose in 10 years or more. I left corporate America in 2000 to work in ministry at my church and then I got pregnant and lived happily ever after in Mommy land. I wear flip-flops from April through November. Even times in that span where I've had to dress more formal I got by without wearing pantyhose (that word seems so strange to me because I never say it). As I gained weight in that time I occassionally would consider buying some but I had entered the plus size domain and that was so intimidating to me for some reason. So I went without them for 10 years. So anyway, the skirt I pulled out of the recesses of my drawer just begged for tights which I didn't have. So on a late night trip to the grocery store to pick up some essentials I grabbed a pair of black tights and they FIT!

My "new" jeans are getting baggy. Life is good. I'm going to try to resist the urge to buy clothes in this size because I think I can get by with what I have until I go down one more. Maybe I'll check out a consignment shop. I've never done that for my own clothes but this may be the time. I'm wearing my engagement ring. I was going to wait until my anniversary on Saturday but I am not patient like that.

At the Gym
Recently I got a newsletter from JillianMichaels.com and it said something like "if you think your workout is too easy, it probably is." That's where I am right now. I'm doing pretty much the same routine I've been doing all this time. I've stepped it up on the cardio a little. In 18 weeks I've gone from 3 mph/0 incline on the treadmill to 3.5 mph/1.5 incline and increased my overall cardio to 45 minutes. The last 15 minutes of that is usualy on a bike but I realized last night that I was hardly breaking a sweat on the bike. And my weight routine was not really a challenge.

I'm comfortable with what I'm doing but I know that "comfortable" is not the key word you want to describe an exercise routine if you want results. I've played around with 30 Day Shred, Weight Loss Yoga, C25K, etc. but mostly I've just stuck my comfortable little gym routine. As I'm typing this I don't really know if I have it in me to really challenge myself. Hmph. I'll have to think about this some more.

Goals and Challenges
This coming weekend is my Anniversary. We're going "up north" for a couple of days. I'm not really worried because it's not exactly an eating destination and we'll have alot of physical activity but I won't be able to cook. I have figured out a few places around here where we can eat out and still eat healthy but up there I'm not sure. We'll have to bring some food. I really want to stay disciplined this week because I will probably hit my 50 lb "half way to 100" goal if I do. I'd also love to work out at the hotel - that is something I've never even thought about doing.

One thing I'm enjoying about the Bodybugg is that I have the ability to look at the week as a whole. It averages out my calorie deficit so I can make adjustments throughout the week. That gives me a little more control.

So goals:

Eat right everyday
Drink my water every day
Figure out how to set up my workouts

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment