Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 17

(end of week 16/beginning week 17)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 1

Total loss: 45.8

I can't pretend I'm not discouraged by the small loss. But I can't pretend I'm surprised either. This was the week of the birthday cake. The day after my son's birthday we had dinner at the home of an older couple from church. The dinner was relatively healthy but heavier than I should have had following the birthday cake. Saturday we went to our favorite apple picking, pumpkin picking-out, hay maze, apple cider donut eating place. DH and I had 1 donut which is a great improvement from the 4 or 5 we would have had in the past. But again, that maintenence talk - not "still have a lot of weight to lose" talk. And definitly not "I had birthday cake and pizza this week" talk. I am glad to see the fruit of my labor in my clothes, in the mirror, in my fitness level and in my habits but I also really want to meet my goals.

DH ordered me a Body Bugg and it will be here mid-week. I am really excited - I think it will be a nice motivator.

My goals for this week are simple:

Eat the way I know I should
Drink my water
Challenge myself with my workouts

My anniversary weekend is coming up. About ten years ago I lost 60 lbs and had my engagement ring sized. After I gained weight I had to stop wearing it - but it fits again. I tiny bit snug compared to my wiggly wedding band (which I did not have sized back then). Anyway, I would like to start wearing it again on my anniversary.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment