Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weekly Update - Week 37

(end of week 36/start of week 37)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 2.8

Starting Weight: 265.6
New Weight: 184.6
Total loss: 81


Its a sunny day here in New Hampshire! My weigh in was great. I did a few things this week that finally broke me out of my slump. I ate less and exercised more! Ha, who knew? But really, since the holidays I've been struggling - knowing that I needed to cut my calories back a bit if I wanted to continue to lose at the same rate but also enjoying not feeling deprived by eating more. I never waivered in my food choices but I would have a healthy snack I didn't need, or a larger portion than I should. I still lost weight but I wasn't in it to win it. That determination returned recently and I have made some difficult adjustments. But almost 3 lbs... that is a nice reward for my efforts. Now I've lost more than 80 lbs and I feel like I'm moving forward (or downward) again.

In My Kitchen
This week wasn't so much about creativity as it was about control. I cut back my calorie intake from 1600+ to between 1200 - 1600. That change meant mostly cutting back on snacks. All this time I've been a 3 meal 3 snack eater. But this week most days I had one or none most days. This hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. I am not an early riser so really, by the time I'm truly hungry after breakfast I am pretty close to lunch time. The hardest has been before dinner because I am hungry when I start to prepare dinner - and then late at night. We workout late and have pretty much always eaten something after the gym, or just late at night even when we don't workout. This week I had herbal tea at night, even when I could have justified a snack because of an intense workout. I decided not to eat my calorie defecit. What am I re-fueling for anyway? Bed? I think this is the change that has paid off the most. I'm not saying I'll never snack again, but I'm trying to pay more attention to my hunger and not eat it if I don't need it.

At the Gym
A great workout week. 5 workouts, 2 rest days. My cardio intensity continues to improve. I'm loving the Arc Trainer. I've also upped my weight in strength. I started using the bench press cage thingy at the gym (I think that's the technical name for it). I thought I was benching 50 lbs and I was proud - but it turns out the bar is 20 lbs so I'm actually up to 60! My husband tries not to be condecending when he high fives me after he benches well over 200.... I've tried a new ab maching and really concentrated on my triceps. I have to fill this saggy baggy arm skin with something! Anyway, I've been sore alot in a good way. We joined the local YMCA so I could have access to some classes and the kids could have the pool. I'm going to try kickboxing on Thursday and spinning next week. With the warm weather on it's way it should only get easier to get in more activity.

In My Closet
I'm still hovering between 16 and 14. I'm restraining myself because I don't want to buy too much at this size, but it's hard because it's been a long time since I've looked this cute :)

Goals and Challenges
I need to keep up these newly refined habits. I'm loving my late night tea and I certainly love losing almost 3 lbs this week so I have lots of incentive. We're going away for a few days this weekend so I'm a little worried about food - but we'll have lots of activity with swimming and snowshoeing so I think it will still be a good week. I have no idea what the hotel has for food and we don't have a kitchen in our room so I'm really not sure what I'll eat. I'll have to give it some serious thought.

Happy March everyone - in like a lion, out like a lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment