Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 26

Weekly Update - Week 26
(end of week 25/beginning week 26)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 2.2

Starting Weight: 265.6
New Weight: 201
Total loss: 64.6

Yay for 2.2 even with my more casual calorie counting. I really think I eat a little bit less when I'm not meticulously counting. If I'm not exactly sure how many calories I've eaten I tend to err on the side of caution - I think. The scale has been toying with me the past few days - yesterday I was a little lower and I thought perhaps I'd get under 200 today but alas, I will have to wait. That's ok. I actually think it's fun that I' will make that goal so close to Christmas. And either way it looks like I'll enter 2011 weighing in somewhere in the 100s!

In my Kitchen
My new favorite quick and easy meal is a Jennie-O turkey burger grilled, with a slice of Reduced Fat Pepperjack cheese on a whole grain sandwich thin with just a little bit of organic ketchup. It's so plain and simple but for some reason I could eat that every day.

At the Gym
Today is supposed to be C25K W7D1 but I have my monthly book club tonight so I don't know if I can squeeze it in. I did the 25 minute run on Saturday. I'm so glad I've been successful with this. It's something I never thought I'd be doing. I even increased my speed and incline on Saturday. I went to the gym yesterday afternoon because it was dark and rainy and the boys were all watching a movie. I knew I'd just fall asleep if I stayed home. I just did a quick 35 minutes of cardio but It felt great to just do it when I really felt like being lazy. Now if I could only do that in the morning I'd really be impressed. I changed my weight routine a little and I'm glad. I actually feel it in my triceps today and that hasn't happened in a while. All I did was switch from the basic tricep press I had been doing to the shoulder press that also works my triceps. Likewise I switched from the bicep curl to the pull-down that also works my back. Those little changes felt like just the thing to change things up.

Goals and Challenges
I'm so close to my next goal that I can see it from here. Hubby and I have been discussing rewards. We agree that losing the weight is enough of an incentive but it would be fun to have other rewards along the way. We also agree that they should be health/fitness/beauty related. I did have my nails done on Friday and that was a nice treat but for this upcoming milestone I'm not sure what I want to do. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment