Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 12

***9/9/10 I'm revising this to reflect my weigh in on Tuesday because that is much more realistic than the "day after being in the ER craziness" ***

(end of week 11/beginning week 12)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 3

Total loss: 35.4

At the Gym
Meodicre week at the gym because I didn't get up to 60 minutes with each cardio workout like I had planned. I guess I'm just lazy :)

But really, I just feel good at 45 - 50 minutes and I start to feel horrible after that. I am going to be at this thing for a while and slow and steady progress has worked for me so far.

Monday I grabbed the kids and the dog and walked 2.12 miles to a local trail system. On Friday we went for a family "walk"(The boys rode their bikes and my husband limped a little with his pulled calf muscle). The trail we were on was really hilly and bumpy so at one point my husband and the kids took a detour to the pavement and I continued on. I loved this walk. It was not easy - alot of up and down but it was the kind of trail I can imagine myself running some day.

In the Kitchen
I found the key to breaking a food rut... get sick so someone else has to do all the cooking!

Yesterday I ended up in the ER with what turned out to be a pretty bad kidney infection. That landed me on the couch for the rest of the day. My husband did all the cooking - and it was wonderful. He made me perfectly cooked eggs, a beautiful little spinach salad with goat cheese, sliced almonds, and strawberries. He made flat bread pizza for dinner - another winner. I hadn't eaten all day and I think I ate a whole day's worth of food from 4 - 9 PM! But it was all good nourishing food and it helped to balance out all the medication. I feel alot better today as I sit here waiting for my egg white omelette to be delivered by my handsome chef :)

The Closet
Nothing dramatic but when I throw on a t-shirt that I've worn a million times it looks and feels like a different shirt. That is a great feeling! I remember way back in my WW days when a leader once said "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I'm by no means thin, and I'm longing for the day when I need to buy all new clothes but in the meantime it's fun to relish the feeling of my pants falling down as evidence of all my hard work.

Challenges and Goals
This week will be interesting. I can probably attribute part of my big loss this week to being sick and some level of dehydration - although I drank a ton of water after getting home from the ER. It will also be hard to workout with a kidney infection. So I do expect to eek up a little bit as the week goes on. But If I still manange a weight loss this week in the 2 lb. ball park I'll be happy. And I don't mind resting a little. Me being limited with encourage my husband to rest his calf as well.

So I'm just going to keep pressing on. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment