Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 13

(end of week 12/beginning week 13)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 1.4

Total loss: 36.8

At the Gym
Blah. Kidney infection = no workout Sun - Friday. But I got back to the gym on Saturday and RAN! Well, jogged. At 3.5 which is my walking speed. I don't know if that counts but it was for 10 whole minutes! I'm counting this as a huge success because I was really worried about what a week on the couch would do to me. I had tried to start C25K a few weeks ago but I think I messed up my head by trying to go too fast too soon. I have an irrational fear of injury and as soon as my knees or ankle hurt I worry so when I attempted to run before I just stopped after a few minutes and decided to wait until my fitness level increases. Well, anyway, after a few minutes of waking I just felt like jogging. So I did. And I really liked it. AND I plan to do it again :) This week our childcare (aka my mother who lives with us) availability changes so we will be on a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday gym schedule - more if possible. I have visions of my future as a runner and I'm very happy.

Challenges and Goals
I need this week to be an improvement. The number on the scale is not a surprise based on the fact that I spent much of the week on my tush and on medication. I ate right and drank plenty of water. Hopefully this will set me up for a big week next week. AND did I mention I ran? Jogged. But still!

No comments:

Post a Comment