Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weekly Update

(end of week 4/start of week 5)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 2.6 lbs.
Total: 14.2 lbs.

I'm working on my 10% goal. I feel good about my progress. I still have quite a ways to go before I reach my end goal but that's no surprise.

At the Gym
My cardio workout was at 30 -40 minutes long all week. My speed on the treadmill is up as well. When we started this 20 minutes at 3.0 mph was hard. To deal with my sore ankle I've been switching from Treadmill to Elliptical to Recumbent Bike during my workout. That, in addition to the ankle support, has helped a lot. It also helps with my time because I don't get bored. I also noticed that it takes more work to get my heart rate up. That is fun to see because I know it means my body is responding to the conditioning of regular workouts.

In the Kitchen
My favorite meal this week was.... you guessed it, the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. But we had some other successes as well. I made the Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf from TBL Family Cookbook - that's why I even had the wing sauce and blue cheese in the fridge. We all liked it - but that's the day my son got the stomach "flu" - so we won't be repeating that one any time soon. I also made a great red sauce with summer squash, zucchini, and eggplant - that was a keeper.

The Closet
A few of my pants are in need of a belt. On Sunday I wore a blouse that was pretty snug on Easter - it now fit with room to spare.

Challenges and Goals
This week holds a challenge. My mother - aka Grammy - is away for a few days so we have no childcare for the first part of the day. That means working out at home. For me that's Weight Loss Yoga and the bike.

We haven't done much in the way of extra activity because it's been so hot. I guess swimming in the pool counts - but sitting around in the air conditioning does not, and we've done a fair amount of that as well. This week I'd like to take the boys hiking and Geocaching at least. Maybe even a bike ride if it cools down some.... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment