Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 23

(end of week 22/beginning week 23)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 3.4

Total loss: 58.8

I'm bouncing back today! My 3 week trend of losing <1 is over. I'm leaving plateauvill and I don't ever want to go back.

In my Kitchen
Nothing really noteworthy in the kitchen. I did make a wonderful veggie dish that will become a new regular feature. I'm enjoying cooking again. I have a new challenge of trying to add calories to my husband's food. He's at his goal and still working out really hard so he needs to add some healthy calories to his diet in order to not lose more weight. I'm doing things like adding olive oil to his pasta and giving him double servings of things. I've tightened up a little on what I'm eating - just weeded out the little habits that I thought may have been contributing to my not losing more. Because I had a good loss I think this helped.

In my Closet
I'm officially in a 16. I even bought a new pair from a different store to see if it was just the one brand that was fitting. I am so excited about this. I started this at a size 24! 16s look so tiny to me when I hold them up. I bought a little dress and some leggings and I just feel so happy about it.

At the Gym
Great week at the gym. We went 5 out of 7 days and I worked really hard while I was there. I think stepping it up also helped get me out of my rut. I tried to run a bit more this week. I feel pretty good jogging for 5 minutes at a time but each time I went back for a 2nd five minutes my legs just felt like lead. Is this normal?

Goals and Challenges
The big challenge on my mind is obviously Thanksgiving. We're having dinner at home and dessert at a friends house. It's all up to me. There are a few foods that I'd miss if I didn't have them but I haven't exactly decided what I'm going to eat. I don't have a big sweet tooth so dessert might not be worth it for me. The big question is this: am I going to count my calories and workout to make up for it, or am I just going to eat what I want within reason and not worry about it. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to do my Thanksgiving Challenge post later. That may help me decide.

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment