Saturday, November 13, 2010

Refocusing

I've been a little bit down lately because my weight loss has slowed down. At only just about the half-way point this is not motivating for me. I don't know if this is a normal plateau or if I need to change what I'm doing - or both. My husband is transitioning into maintenance mode and I'm afraid that somehow I'm subconsciously doing the same.... so much to think about.

I know that now is a good time to step it up in my eating and my workouts. The trouble is that with the cold weather, the holidays, and hubby reaching his goal, everything is working against stepping it up. Also, I'm highly motivated by success and not seeing it makes me want to just hide under the covers.

I'm considering putting the scale away until after Christmas and just putting all of my efforts into doing the best I can. Because at this point weighing myself doesn't actually do anything to help me in my efforts AND it's just depressing to see the number creep down so slowly (really isn't 2 lbs a week slow enough without slowing down more from there?). So what if I put the scale away, cut my calories a little bit more, and work out as much and as hard as I can? Then get on the scale on New Years Day and see what happens. Then, on Jan. 1 I can buckle down for the home stretch.

But what if it doesn't go well? What if I only lose a miniscule amount? I doesn't matter if I know I'm doing the best I can. And then I can learn to have other things as the first measure of my success and leave the fickle scale as just an additional tool. If Monday's weigh in doesn't go well I think this will be my next plan of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment