Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekly Update

(end of week 6/beginning week 7)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 2.4

Total loss: 19.6

At the Gym
5 days at the gym

Bike Ride
Family Walk/Hike
1 Yoga workout

I was feeling good during the week. I'm easily doing 40 minutes of Cardio 3-5 days. I am working on building this up to 60 minutes but I'm really trying not to do too much too soon. I have personality with a high potential for burn-out and I'm afraid of injury. I keep reminding myself that this is a lifetime habit I'm creating and it's not a race to the finish line. I upped my weights in my strength training this week. Just a little. I see some results in my biceps and that's fun.

I also ran a tiny bit! During a couple of my treadmill sessions I ran for 1 minute at a time. I have always hated/dreaded the idea of running. Now it's on my list of goals.

In the Kitchen
Yummy Shrimp Fajitas, great omelets, we grilled alot. Yeah, this part isn't hard. I'm really enjoying cooking healthy foods. There have been a few meals that the boys just didn't like. Our normal rule for eating is that they have to eat what I make unless it's something really odd. In that case Daddy will make the them PB&J. My 7yo took advantage of that option a few times this week. Next week we're on vacation. The great part is that we're staying at a well equipped house and we'll be able to grill and cook the same way we would at home.

The Closet
Some things are baggy, some are falling off a little. I thought the downward trend would be faster so trying stuff on is a little discouraging. Some of my tshirts and tank tops are alot longer - which means losing inches in my tummy. I'm ready for the day when I have to get rid of stuff because it just doesn't fit - that will be a very fun day!

Challenges and Goals
My mood was not good this week. I was really irritable and I'm wondering if that contributed to my small weight loss. I need to make sure I'm having my quiet time and working with the Lord on my attitude.

We had a few food challenges this week. We took the boys out for ice cream and shared a frozen yogurt. We also made frozen yogurt at home and I had less than 1/2 cup. We also went to a birthday party last night. Burgers, hot dogs, chips and dip, really fatty dressing already on the salad - it could have been a nightmare.

I made a nice turkey chili before we left home, we each had a small bowl of that and then just had some raw veggies and a few slices of turkey at the party - knowing we'd have more chili when we got home. There was a beautiful cake and we each took one bite - I'm totally ok with that. My husband threw our piece away after the bite so we wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole piece. I also had a tiny bite of my son's hot dog to rid my mouth of the taste of some wierd pepper from the veggie tray - and one piece of popcorn to get the hot dog taste out of my mouth - lol.

I'm dissapointed with my loss this week and I'm trying to decide if there's anything I can reasonably do about it.

I've been slacking off on my water drinking - that's an easy fix. Also I've been under my calories for a while - but to be sure I'm going to be careful to weigh and measure and log every bite. I tend to not measure the milk for my cereal, for example. I need to go through the exercise of logging everything before I do something crazy like eat more calories.

I had toyed with the idea of a 2nd cardio workout each day. I just don't know if I can do this mentally right now. I have the opportunity and the time (sort of) but I don't want to feel resentful. But, on the other hand, if I did that and it really increased my weight loss I'd be so glad I did... hmm.

We are on vacation next week - I'm not too worried. We can shop and cook and the restaurants there are not the huge plate of cheese fries kind that would be a big temptation. We've been going there for a few years but for some reason we don't have a lot of food associations with this place. It should be easy to make healthy choices. We won't be able to go to the gym but we'll be doing so much hiking, walking, biking that I think we'll be ok. We're going to bring my yoga stuff and maybe the adjustable kettle bell so we can do something strength training related. Sounds like a good plan to me... we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment