Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekly Update - Week 10

(end of week 9/beginning week 10)

On the Scale
Lost this week: 4.4 POUNDS!

Total loss: 29.6

At the Gym
We made it to the gym 3x this week. I actually think it helped to rest on our normal "light" days. 40-45 minutes of cardio plus weights. We've stuck to upper body mainly because my legs are exhausted by the end of my cardio workout. Every week I say, "ok, let's go back to lower body this week" but I always wimp out. It doesn't help that we workout at night and it's usually well after 10 when I have to make the decision. I know my legs are getting a workout anyway so I'm not too worried about it. I see and feel the results even without the weights so that is a battle for another day.

We did get a nice family walk in this week and I did just a little bit of yoga.

In the Kitchen
Food rut maybe? I made hummus this week.It was too garlic-y but otherwise good. I also made whole wheat pita chips. They came out pretty good but still, not something to make a meal out of. I'm enjoying all the fresh produce and salad every day but I didn't make anything new for dinner this week.

I am totally in love with a few of my new "staples"

Bagel Thins
Ezekiel Bread
Bear Naked Fit Vanilla Almond Granola

I'm also happy to say that my husband has been eating baby spinach in his salad and LIKING IT! Me too, but I always have.

With my weight going down my calorie allowance is too. But this is actually a good thing for me because I was often under my calories and that stressed me out.


The Closet
I got to wear my smaller sized jeans yesterday and they fit great - a little loose even. I can't wait for the day when everything is just too big but my budget is happy with everything just fitting much much better for a little while.

Challenges and Goals
This week was a nice boost. Coming off vacation with no gym and getting a 4.4 on the scale is sweet. It also puts me well within range of my next goal which is to be under 200 by New Years. My husband and I are doing a 5K in October. I'm toying with the idea of trying to run part of it. C25K is looking pretty doable.

Main goals for this week:
3+ gym workouts
2+ yoga workouts
Find a few new recipes and break my food rut
Drink my water

I also hope burn hundreds of calories cleaning my house and getting ready for the first day of school - we homeschool and this is like spring cleaning for me because we are so stinkin lazy over the summer. The school room is mostly done but in the process I basically demolished the family room and the toy room. There are toys and books simply everywhere - I have my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment